Sep 16, 2011

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday everyone! If you are in Cape Town I hope you get a chance to enjoy the good weather today. 

This is very random but I found a recipe for an epic toasted cheese sandwich on Foodgawker and I thought I would share it with you. I made it today for lunch (my version of it) and it was delicious! Seriously, the best toasted cheese sandwich ever! 

The original version was from Closet Cooking



image from: Closet Cooking 

All you need is:
  • Some cheese, whatever you have in the fridge is fine. I used cheddar and some Parmesan.
  • Pesto: I used some from Pick n Pay
  • Two slices of bread
  • As an extra touch I added some mashed up avo on top of the sandwich after it was finished 'cooking'
Grate the cheese with a fine grater, you don't need much, one or teaspoons of finely grated cheese should be fine. Mix in some pesto, about two teaspoons should be good. Mix it all together, spoon on to some bread and either put it into a toasted cheese maker or in a pan to brown. Cut and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment